Hiring a leader is one of the most important responsibilities your organization can undertake. Noetic is committed to your success in this endeavor, providing expert guidance and counsel at every step, supported by experience-based insights.
What sets Noetic apart is our way of doing business: process based with a personal touch. You will notice the Noetic difference from our very first meeting and will appreciate the nuances throughout our working engagement.
Research, experience, insightful guidance, passion for the non-profit sector and personal attention. That’s the Noetic difference that guarantees a successful search from start to finish.
Listen and Learn. The Partnership Begins Here.
In presenting qualified candidates, our job is to provide choices so that the right person is selected based on a comparative assessment of the best candidates available. It starts from day one: the site visit.
We begin with information gathering and conducting interviews with your key stakeholders, i.e., selected Board members, senior-level administrative staff, community leaders, important donors and other significant influencers.
In partnership with you, we create a benchmark calendar that outlines roles and responsibilities as well as identifies critical deliverable dates.
Together, we develop a recruitment strategy, which includes defining the scope of the search, procedures for submitting nominations, applicant criteria and defining the interview process.
Next, we guide you through a process articulating the core competencies, functional abilities and personal attributes desired in the next leader. The outcome of this discussion is the creation of a written Position Guide (usually 4-5 pages in length) that describes the leadership opportunity, sets out the goals and aspirations of the organization, and describes the background and experience of the ideal candidates.
Search and Pursuit — The Partnership Deepens
The Position Guide is distributed to our sources and selected leaders in the field whom we know well. Typically advertising and/or Internet posting is advised; we develop an industry-specific strategy, prepare the ad copy, and place these announcements with print and web-based sources.
As our outreach and networking strategies are initiated, we review and screen all resumes that are received as a result of our candidate identification process, referrals, postings or advertisements. Qualifying individuals receive extensive phone interviews and in-person interviews. We ensure equal and objective treatment of all applicants, taking the burden off of you and your organization when dealing with internal candidates and/or individuals who may have a close relationship to the organization (board members, committee members, community leaders, etc.).
Presentation of Candidate Credentials
Once qualified and interested candidates have been identified, we prepare a career summary on the background of each candidate. Typically, information on 10 – 12 qualified candidates is presented to your organization prior to a scheduled Candidate Credentials Review Meeting. We are committed to developing a diverse pool of candidates for all searches. At this meeting, candidates are reviewed and discussed and you and/or your Committee usually select four to six candidates to be invited for an initial in-person interview. Based on the outcome of these meetings, subsequent interviews are arranged for the final candidates.
The Close — The Partnership Continues
Once final background checks are conducted, a final candidate is selected to move forward and we extend and defend your offer in negotiating agreement and closure. After the offer is accepted, recruitment services end and transition services begin. We routinely provide guidance on press release preparation and other forms of announcement, trouble shoot any candidate relocation issues and help with pre-employment documentation requirements. Our relationship with both your organization and your new executive continues to ensure complete success.
The Noetic Difference Works
Since our inception we have managed many diverse searches. Our good work is evidenced by the number of clients that have invited us to do multiple searches.
- Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation USA – Chief Executive Officer
- Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists – Development Director
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Indianapolis – Executive Director
- Potter League for Animals – Executive Director
- The Maryland SPCA – Executive Director
- The Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society – Executive Director
- Center for Neighborhood Technology – Chief Executive Officer
- Chicago Coalition for the Homeless – Executive Director
- Advocate Health Care/Advocate Charitable Foundation – Chief Development Officer/President
- The Art Institute of Chicago — Director of Business & Civic Relations
- Chicago Public Media – Vice President of Philanthropy
- Francis W. Parker School – Director of Major Gifts
- Prototypes — Chief Operating Officer
- Skills for Chicagoland’s Future – Vice President of Client Services
- Snow City Arts – Executive Director
- Visiting Nurse Association of Porter County — Executive Director
- Washington Animal Rescue League (Washington DC) – Chief Executive Officer
- Easter Seals, Inc. — Multiple Searches
- Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center — Multiple Searches
- Museum of Science and Industry – Multiple Searches